You are in our Global Site
It is believed that when many of you choose a thickness gauge, you usually only hold some parameters, and look for the product on Google, and then check the parameters one by one or call the sales staff to ask whether the product is suitable. In the end, you can find a thickness gauge that meets the parameters, but it is certainly not the most suitable thickness gauge, or the thickness gauge of the same brand will be more suitable for your requirements. It is recommended that before you choose the correct thickness gauge, you need to know several types of thickness gauges currently on the market:
1. Magnetic thickness measurement: The accuracy is relatively high, and it is suitable for measuring the thickness of the non-magnetic layer on the magnetic material. Magnetic materials are generally: steel, iron, copper, etc.
2. Eddy current thickness measurement: It is suitable for measuring the thickness of non-conductive layer on conductive metal, but the accuracy is lower than that of magnetic thickness measurement.
3. Ultrasonic thickness measurement: At present, there is no mature method to measure the thickness of coatings in China. Some foreign manufacturers have such an instrument, which can not only measure the total coatings' thickness, but also measure the thickness of the multilayer coatings or be used in situations that neither method mentioned above can measure, but the price is relatively expensive.
4. Electrolytic thickness measurement: This method is different from the above three, it is not a non-destructive test, and the coating needs to be destroyed. But the accuracy is not high, and it is troublesome to complete the measurement.
5. Radiation thickness measurement: This kind of instrument is very expensive (generally more than 100,000 RMB), especially for some special occasions.
1. If the measuring substrate is metal, you can choose a magnetic induction handheld thickness gauge meter or an eddy current thickness gauge
Magnetic induction thickness gauge meter is used to measure the thickness of non-magnetic layer of magnetic metal substrate
Eddy current thickness gauge meter is used to measure the thickness of non-conductive layer on conductive metal
2. If the measurement substrate is non-metallic (wood, plastic, glass fiber, etc.), you can choose an ultrasonic thickness gauge meter for measurement
The thickness of the general coating is below 1000 microns, so the range of the general thickness gauge can meet the requirements. If the accuracy is required to be accurate and the coating is thin, it is best to choose a small-range imported brand; if the coating is thick, then choose a digital metal thickness gauge with a large range.
It is recommended that if the workpiece is relatively small, you should choose a metal thickness detector with a miniature probe. The outer diameter of the thickness gauge of the miniature probe is only 5 mm, and the measuring part of the probe is smaller. The area with a diameter of no less than 2 mm can be measured by it. For others like the inner wall of the pipeline, the miniature probe must be selected, but the straight probe cannot be a good option. For example, it is more appropriate to choose a probe with 90 or 45 degree.